Welcome to Roaming Reptiles
Tracey Sandstrom established Roaming Reptiles in February 2003 in Victoria. Tracey is a teacher with 20 years teaching experience and 27 years Herpetological (reptile) experience.
Tracey wanted to put the "fun" back into learning whilst educating children and adults about the amazing reptiles we have here in Australia.
By educating young people and trying to "convert" older people, Tracey hoped they might realise among other things that:
- Not all Australian snakes are venomous
- They are not slimy (as they don't sweat)
- Nor do they want to 'eat' humans.
Perhaps by understanding about these remarkable creatures and the way they fit into the environment, which humans are destroying, our future generations may strive to change their negative opinion of reptiles.
Roaming Reptiles has a variety of 'critters' available to bring to schools, kinders, groups and birthday parties. We have full public liability insurance. Our displays are perfect for a childrens animal party, school classroom reptile displays and school or community fetes.
We provide Melbourne Reptile Displays and Geelong Reptile Displays, in fact we cover all of Victoria. We hope to expand into other states in the future.
Why should you choose Roaming Reptiles?
Teachers design our programs and we pride ourselves on:
- Fun crowd control
- Encouraging participation
- Child-centred programs
- WE DON'T LECTURE to participants
Reptiles and Amphibians
We have the following animals:
- 4 species of Lizards - such as blue-tongues, pink-tongues, stumpy tails and bearded dragons (Baby ones hatch annually)
- Snakes - pythons from 30cm - 2m
- Frogs - we feed them live insects
Insects and Arachnids
- Red-back spiders
- Stick insects
- Tarantulas (Bird Eating Spider)
- Giant cockroaches
All of the animals we display are Australian. (because they're the best)
Share this page: